Saturday, August 25, 2012

Link Up for Claire

Helloooo sweet blogging people!

I don't know how many of you follow Waltzingmouse Stamps - home of Claire Brennan? Claire is someone I've always admired. She had a dream and followed it - and followed it beautifully.

She makes images which are loved the world over - and which have found a niche in my stampy collection too. But she doesn't just make stamps and sell them. I can't say that Claire is a buddy of mine, I've only ever known her through her business, but she still has taken the time to write me little notes on my receipts ... and she left a note or two on my blog in my lifetime. Claire is real and Claire is sweet.

So when I read THIS on her blog this morning, I was saddened to my core. But after getting over feeling really bad, I started to realise that this post doesn't breathe ONE SINGLE WORD about all of Claire's own effort that went into this release. All the love and preparation, all the behind the scenes management that she now has so little to show for.

The post talks about her customers - and how she will be contacting each and every one.

And it talks about how sad she feels for her manufacturer.

(And as most of you know, this isn't the first heartbreak Claire has had this year, she cancelled an earlier release after loosing her precious mum.) 

So please would you consider making something to honour this incredible lady, for her creativity, her kindness, her customer care and her downright honest-to-goodness integrity?

Claire you're one in a billion. I made this for you ...

Card for Claire

Peeps, please consider linking up a project below - I'll leave this link open for a month (long enough for Claire's stamps to come in!) Please consider sharing this link in your post, and please share the news with other people and let them know!

And please don't leave me any comments on this post. This isn't for me and it isn't about me. If you want to leave some love for Claire there, please do that too!

THANK YOU to everyone who takes the time!!! You're special too!

x

N




5 comments:

Jeanne J said...

This is such a sweet idea! You're right - I can't imagine Claire's disappointment! She is a real sweetie and always treats us all so special! I know the stamps will be worth the wait!

Pauline said...

What a fabulous Idea! A great way for us Mouse fans to show our support, and appreciation of the head Mouse Mistress! I'm off to get stamping!

Claire Brennan said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Nerina, what HAVE you been up to?!! lol, how lovely of you to do this!! I am humbled!!! A stunning card and a beautiful thought!! thank you!!!

Deborah Frings said...

Nerina - I think this is a fabulous idea!! Claire really is a fabby lady and deserves our support.

Belinda Langner said...

What a lovely card! The stamping is fabulous and the swirls and flowers are just perfect!